mandag den 18. august 2014

Christian Louboutin Nail Polish Review!

Hey everyone! Unless you have been living under a rock, i'm pretty sure you all have heard of the release of Christian Louboutin's first nail polish! When i realised it, i went crazy and searched the internet to find the polish. I found it on several sites, but none of them could ship to Denmark which pissed me off! I mean this is 2014, i live in Denmark, not freaking Narnia?!

Anyways, the following day i had to go to Copenhagen to run some errands, and i thought that i might as well go into the CL boutique, and ask them if they would get the nail polish, or if maybe they could order in home for me.
So here's what happened: I walked down the street to the store, and as i'm getting closer, i see something in the window. A huge castel looking thing, but i don't see any shoes.. I got closer and realised that there were nail polishes all around the castel. I literally ran in to the store and screamed "CAN I BUY ONE OF THOSE?!" The lady in the store was like "of course you can" and went and got one for me. Happiest day ever!

I've gotten a lot of questions about the polish and if it's really worth the price (I paid $60 for mine.) So i decided to do a review. If you have any inputs, questions or opinions about the polish, feel free to write a comment, i would love to hear what you think about it!

DAY ONE:


This is what my nails looked like right after i painted them. I used two coats of polish, even though one thick coat could be enough. On top is the Rapid Dry topcoat from OPI. One of the things i don't like about the polish is the small brush. I have pretty "big" nails, and with the thick formula of the polish, i would have to work fast the polish. 

DAY THREE:


A picture from the sun where it looks more orange. Both of my hands looked like this, so far no chipping. 

DAY FIVE:


This picture was taken inside with flash. As you can see, the polish has chipped a bit at the tip, but nothing noticeable. 

DAY EIGHT:



This was my last day wearing the polish, and i thought i'd show you both hands. I was really impressed with the durability of the polish. I went to work twice this week, which resulted in a semi-broken nail, and ofc the polish fell of.I washed my hair which usually makes my nail polish chip, but not this one. 

REVIEW:

+ =
- It is the perfect red colour!
- It stays on for a long time
- The bottle is so beautiful
- The fact that it's a Christian Louboutin design that i actually can afford. 

- =
- I would like the brush to be thicker
- The formula is a little too thick
- The price. It's cheap for Christian Louboutin, but expensive for a nail polish!


I'll give it five out of six starts. I mean, the thick formula probably does the non-chipping job, so the only think i would like to change is the brush. If you are looking for a perfect everyday red, this is not worth it. This polish is for people who love nail polish and/or CL's designs. As for me, i love both, so i needed this in my collection. I don't think i'm going to wear it a lot.. This is a work of art, and i'm going to proudly display it on my shelf. 




Yes, i paid $60 for a nail polish.. And i would do it again! ;) 



28 kommentarer:

  1. LOVE the Louboutin red!! Totally worth it!!
    xo, Jane
    http://www.fitfabfunmom.com

    SvarSlet
  2. Som vi snakkede om andet steds, køber msn den jo ikke i forventni g om at den er 3-6 gange bedre end andre. Kendere køber den, fordi det er CL, fordi det ikke er allemandseje, fordi flasken er flot. :-p Jeg har endnu ikke helt besluttet mig for om jeg skal eje den. Jeg er ikke CL fan. Jeg er klart mere mainstream når det kommer til lak. Men den er jo flot!! Og det ér jo en signatur lak ... Det er såmænd slet ikke prisen der skræmmer mig, jeg kunne sagtens betale mere for en lak (lemming)!! Nu må vi se om jeg spontant falder over den pået tidspunkt jeg har lidt penge i lommen ;-) Flasken er ihvertfald helt utrolig smuk. Du skulle næsten have nævnt at den er mundblæst ;-)

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Præcis, jeg havde jo heller ikke købt den hvis ikke det var CL design.. Men jeg synes faktisk at den var rigtig god, den kunne sagtens komme op på OPI eller andre "dyre" lakkers niveau. Jeg er utrolig glad for den og ser den jo som et "work of art" ;) Og hvis man ikke lige har penge til at bruge på hvert som helst, kan man altid skrive den på ønskelisten! Tænker også om de andre i kollektionen kommer til at koste de samme.. De er jo lidt mindre, så mon ikke at de bliver lidt billigere? :)

      Slet
  3. That is one huge nail polish, at least you get a lot of product! The bottle is so amazing as well, I would pay $60 just to have this sitting around in my room as decoration!
    Also, your nails are perfect :)

    Efflorescent Dream
    xx

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Aww thanks! Except from when one of them broke.. I had to cut them a bit :(

      -Nellie

      Slet
  4. It's the only thing I may be able to afford by Louboutin! Looks great, a perfect red!

    SvarSlet
  5. This is so beautiful, it seems like the formula is a winner too! xx

    Coleoftheball

    SvarSlet
  6. Oh..my goodness. I am so entirely jealous!
    Your nails are perfect for it to. I cannot wait to justify getting a bottle!

    ♥ http://ahappinessundefined.blogspot.com/

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Yaay, you should get a bottle! ;) And thank you <3

      -Nellie

      Slet
  7. What a great review. It looks gorgeous on your nails. I hope out too fast in the bottle, some times thick nail polish do. But I think even for collection it's worth to get it.

    xoxo Ra

    http://ramona-strikeapose.blogspot.ie

    SvarSlet
  8. what a gorgeous colour! sounds worth the money x

    http://britishmermaid.blogspot.co.uk/

    SvarSlet
  9. I love the way the polish looks and how cool is the bottle, definitely worth the money!

    much love xxx
    http://christinanista.com

    SvarSlet
  10. Wow, I totally forgot about this nail polish! It is such a pretty color and has great lasting power. And not to mention you have beautiful long nails to showcase it!

    Lauren xo
    Sophisticated In Style

    SvarSlet
  11. fuuuuck, its great :P

    but 60 dollars?

    majnira.com

    SvarSlet
  12. so pretty! love that color!
    happy day!

    <3, Kathrin
    http://www.getcarriedaway.net/

    SvarSlet
  13. Wonderful review, thanks for sharing :)

    www.paseandoamisssreichel.com

    SvarSlet
  14. I was wondering how it works and this is what I thought. Actually, I have few designer nail polishes in my collection and those aren't that good as the price is.
    http://coeursdefoxes.blogspot.com/

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Exactly, designer nail polishes are always overpriced.. We pay for the name, not for the polish :-/

      -Nellie

      Slet
  15. I can't believe the polish lasted so long! I'll have to go get some :) looking forward to more of your posts!

    xoxo,

    Chelsea
    http://www.chowdownbythebay.blogspot.com/
    Bloglovin: http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/6216011
    Twitter: @chowdownusa
    Instagram: @giants18

    SvarSlet
  16. very beautiful nails<3

    http://fashionsecrets-oksana.blogspot.com

    SvarSlet
  17. Ohh i love this :)) Have an amazing day!!

    mfashionfreak♥blog

    SvarSlet
  18. Wow! You bought it!
    The bottle is definitely a work of art, but for me 60$ for a nail polish is a lot, when I get twice as much "life" with my regular nail polishes, for much less than 10$. Of course if you can afford it, or if you simply want it for display that's great! I'm sure the brush and the thick formula would have bothered me too, since I have a really long base, and long nails too. So I don't think I'm buying it any time soon.
    Thank you for the review though. It's the first one I read about the CL nail polish. :)

    SvarSlet
  19. It's a beautiful object but I'm not agree with the price !

    SvarSlet
  20. Honestly, bottle looks amazing and it's great to have something by CL but I don't think it's worth 60$ 'cause you can get something that will last maybe 4-5 days but you pay it 10 times less. This is really just for show-off but I can't say that I would mind to have one - I'm just not willing to give that much money for nail polish.

    Thanks for review! :D

    http://daisy-elegant.blogspot.com

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. I totally get your point, you could get a lot of not-amazing-quality-nail-polish for 60$!

      -Nellie

      Slet